have circumvented this issue with a new “.
- SPY MX rider Grant Langston threw down some whips at Surfercross, received 425 likes on Facebook and landed himself Top Facebook Post of the Week:
- Sent the Whip-Darkside to Vurb Moto for review:
- Last week Mick Jagger, one of the best rock & roll front men in history, turned 69 and landed himself a SPY Monday Mixtape. Quite a fitting number for a man who’s sex-driven stage presence turned the youth on its head.
- Sent the Platoon-Olde No. 9, SPY + Herschel and Marshall-Acid Reign, Hi-Fi to SKIING Magazine for inclusion in the winter Buyer’s Guide
- The SPY Wake Brother’s giveaway on Facebook received 1,380+ entries, 3,700+ entry page views, 577 shares and a total reach of 275,000+ Facebook users. If you didn’t have a chance to tune into the premiere, watch the first episode on MTV.com:
- The Carbine, McCoy and Cooper were reviewed by TMR Zoo, a men’s entertainment site:
- Unique Visitors – 33,610
- Pageviews – 226,082
- Top Styles:
- Cooper XL
Email – Bob Soven Is Making a Splash on MTV – bit.ly/NDYrEb Monday Mixtape – Mick’s Jagger Swagger Mix – bit.ly/NNGL7E Braaaap
· Dale Earnhardt Jr. is in first place after finishing 4th at Indy
· Colin Edwards got some TV time in the Hailwood racing at Laguna Seca
· Josh Hayes broke the GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing Record with his eight consecutive win of the National Guard SuperBike series at the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway
On a motherf***ing bike
· If you build it, they will come…and race…and win! Sunday had the so Cal amateur cycling scene focused on the campus of CSUSM for the San Marcos Criterium, a challenging up-and-down course with a loooong uphill finish. In the 30+ Masters race, Monster Media again asserted their dominance over the field by finishing 1, 2 with Jamie Paolinetti taking first and Phil Tinstman taking 2nd. SPY’s Erik Johnson rolled in a very respectable 8th
· In the always tough 45+ race, SPY/Blue’s Alan Flores takes the win and gives all the credit to his teammates. The field was stacked and this win is no small feat–congrats to Alan and the SPY/Blue team
· Up in Reno, Robin Farina from MS NOW Novartis wins the Tour De Nez over a stacked field of the top women cyclists in the country
Wake me up, before you go go
· Wake Brothers premiered 7/25 with nothing but good reviews from wake related viewers and those who have no idea who the Soven brother’s are. Check out the episode #2 airing 8/1 at 11:00pm.
· Here are a couple killer videos about the life of Parks Bonifay that Red Bull released the past few weeks for their Momentum videos. Check it out when you have time. Parks is a pretty talented and amazing athlete. Episode 1 –
Episode 2 –
· Daniel Grant getting in a little rainy day wake skate session
· Another video featuring Tom Fooshee, Daniel Grant and Shane Bonifay at Hexagon Wake Park for the Monster Energy Triple Crown stop #2 at Hexagon Wake Park.
Flaky White Stuff
· The edit for the SPY session from Camp of Champions just dropped. Check out the posse we had up on the glacier for some summertime shredding:
· Louie Vito was up on Mt. hood having a blast with the Nike crew. Check out his Instagram for some of the fun photos he was posting:
· Stevie Bell has an awesome new spread in the first issue of Transworld Snow from the Special Blend Team shoot out. Here is a link to the gallery that is online:
· Colin Spencer won best photo for media week at High Cascade Snowboard Camp. Holly Estrow shot it.
· YES snowboards just released their new teaser “Yes. It’s a Movie Too.” Check out DCP and Colin Spencer shredding it up in it:
The biggest spectacle in surfing is officially underway, and SPY athletes John John Florence, Torrey Meister and Parker Coffin will all be doing their best Huntington Hop at the US Open this week. ( watch it live!
· Alex Gray put on his sombrero and partied in Puerto Escondido’s pulsing pits during the best swell this year.(
· Alana Blanchard took home silver at the ASP 6-Star Movistar Women’s Pro in Peru, battling big names on her way to the podium
· Ryan Burch is in Mexico on a right point break mission
· Wake Dans Rue video highlights from the third stop of the Tour in Trois Rivieres, QC.
· Lawn Summer Nights hosted their last stop of a Lawn Bowling tour. The four stop multi city series raised over $135,000, all going directly to Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
· Camp of Champions has finished up for the summer. Check out some highlights from the SPY team in this edit
- After crushing it this summer on all fronts, BAT member Brandon Wasserman headed back to Hawaii this morning to continue his studies. If anyone needs a place to stay, look him up
- The US Open of Surfing started this past Saturday and will be going all week in Huntington Beach. We will be having a team signing at Jack’s on Main St. on Friday 8/3 at 3pm and a signing at HSS on Main St. on Sunday 8/5 at 1pm.
- Charae will be doing another Over The Hump mountain bike race event this Tuesday 7/31 at Irvine Lakes